Responsible for performing administrative activities necessary to support the production and delivery of a high annual volume of new single-family and multifamily homes. Organize and input information into company software programs. Interact with internal and external contacts to coordinate production activities. Maintain accurate records of production activities.
- Build assigned projects in company software programs
- Create and release all production unit purchase orders
- Coordinate lumber and trim & door bids
- Record and track all material takeoffs and contract addendums
- Process invoices and manual purchase orders as needed to ensure proper coding and costing in a timely manner
- Originate schedules in company software
- Produce schedule reports and distributes to various personnel
- Apply for and pick up permits and temporary releases from local municipalities
- Create and process work orders for franchise utility installations
- Assist with the creation, revision, and execution of subcontract agreements
- Track established budgets and alerts Production Manager to any deviations from established budgets
- Price options to Sales and work with sales staff to cost and price custom options
- Maintain current job cost records for review by management
- Assist with the distribution, collection, and preparation of RFP’s
- Manage and request rebates through established contracts and rebate companies
- Purchase materials and services, within contract limits
- Maintain processes that are consistent with those of other Production Coordinators
- Assists Production Manager with various tasks as assigned
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Impeccable integrity, drive, positive attitude, and a proven ability to work across departments and teams
- High School Diploma or GED required; college education preferred.
- Ability to use multifaceted software applications. Experience with Newstar or similar system preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
Physical Requirements: (The physical requirements are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Must be able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.