Assistant Property Manager
The purpose of the Assistant Property Manager is to assist in all areas defined as a part of the Property Mangers job description. This is an important role that will directly and indirectly supervise individuals, coordinate activities, and ensure that the property is maintained in accordance with client standards and customer satisfaction, in order to accomplish community objectives.
The Assistant Property Manager will conduct all business in accordance with Dragas policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- Be the team leader in leasing techniques. Oversee marketing, outreach and leasing efforts. This would include leasing follow-ups, special promotions and incentives.
- Conduct market surveys monthly and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
Resident Relations and Retention:
- Maintain property files in accordance with company policies.
- Handle resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Aid in the development and/or implementation of resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Key person to coordinate resident renewals program
- Periodic inspection of resident move-ins/move-outs.
- Create, print and distribute quarterly building newsletter.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Regularly inspect community grounds; maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed timely.
- Confirm that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Make certain that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Check all bank deposits, and reported to the corporate office on a daily basis.
- Perform evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
- Check that water collections are on time, and follow up with delinquent accounts.
- Assist with vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Review the leases, make sure they are executed properly and the file is complete.
- Approve in writing all leases.
- Be sure the rental office opens on schedule, and all proper supplies are stocked.
- Submit required reports to corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Comply with expectations as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, and leading by example.
- Plan monthly staff schedules and coordinate assignments with the Property Manager.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Report all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers’ compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Openly listen and respond to employee questions, issues or concerns and discuss options with the Property Manager.
- Conduct on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed.